Home » Amazon Prime Music
Amazon Prime Music Archives - Coupons and Promo Code
There are so many platforms available in the market to listen to your favorite songs online; among them, the leading service providers are Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify and Apple Music, which are giving tough competitions to each other. You can select your preferred songs from a never-ending list of songs.
Amazon Music Unlimited
Amazon introduced Amazon Music in 2007 which had limited access of songs and was exclusively for the prime members, Amazon moved a step ahead and Amazon Music Unlimited was launched by Amazon in September 2016 to provide an online music store to its customers. True to its name amazon unlimited music has a vast collection of tons of tracks from which you can select your favorite ones and listen to it anytime and anywhere.
On June 2015 Apple kickstarted Apple music in more than 100 countries globally. The main purpose of offering this service is to provide unlimited access to more than 45 million songs to its customers worldwide. Since launched, Apple Music has become famous with subscribers surpassing more than 40 million, as of April 2018.
Spotify is a Sweden based company, providing online music services in the US as well. It gives you access to millions of songs; according to your preferences you can add the song to your playlist and can listen offline as well.
Comparison: Amazon Music Unlimited vs Spotify vs Apple music
|Category||Amazon Music Unlimited||Spotify||Apple Music|
|Sound quality||Streaming bitrate quality is 256kbps||160kbps for default streaming quality. A high-quality streaming option allows you to stream up to 320kbps.||256kbps (kilobits per second)|
|Monthly cost||Amazon Music Unlimited is charged $7.99 from prime members; $9.99 per month without prime membership; and $3.99 monthly from Amazon echo users.||Premium plan:$9.99 per month; student plan: $4.99; family plan costs $14.99 per month||$9.99 per month;
Student plan cost $4.99
Family plan cost $14.99 per month (for up to 6 members)
|Free trail||30-day free trial available||30-day free trial available.||3-month free trial available with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android or PC|
|Extra feature||Amazon Music Unlimited can be used with echo range of voice controlled devices.||You can play songs according to your mood and can play a list of auto-generated stations using Spotify Connect|
|Active subscribers||Tens of millions (numbers not specified)||Surpasses 70 million active users||More than 20 million active users.|
|Songs available||More than 40 million songs||35 million songs on its catalog||More than 45 million songs available|
Amazon Music Unlimited Cost:
Presently, Amazon is offering two music services – Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited. The main difference between the two is that Amazon Prime Music is free for the prime members whereas but Amazon Music Unlimited is charged at $7.99 from the prime members or $9.99 per month without the prime subscription. The collection of songs in Prime Music is limited to two million only, on the contrary, you can choose from more than tens of million different songs available on Amazon Music Unlimited.
You can listen to Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited from the company’s web portal (www.amazon.com) or from other applications including macOS, iOS, Windows, Android, FireOS, Alexa devices, and some automobiles and smart TVs as well.
Amazon Music Unlimited Echo
The customers having Amazon Echo device and Alexa can access the complete Amazon Music Unlimited service for just $3.99 monthly. The customers can ask Alexa to play the song according to their moods; Alexa can choose from a wide range of available songs.
Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan:
- Amazon always provides something attractive if buying in the bulk. The company has introduced its Amazon Music Unlimited Family where up to six members of a family and devices (used at the same time) will be charged $14.99 in total or $149 yearly for Amazon Prime members. At the time of family Plan sign up process you can click on manage family members to invite or remove family members.
- After that write the email address of the person whom you want to invite in the box, and click send an invitation; the family members have the seven day time period to revert back to the invitation sent.
You can follow the following steps to sign up for Amazon Music Unlimited:
- Visit www.amaozon.com, then click on the Amazon music at the left end of the page.
- You can ask for a 30-day free trial despite being a prime member or not.
- You will be asked to fill your Amazon login credentials with any credit card or selected debit cards.
- You will be charged only after your 30-day free trial is over.
- You are entitled to a free 30-day trial.
- You can cancel the renewal at any time by visiting your Amazon Music settings here.
Review and Ratings of Amazon Music Unlimited
Amazon Music Unlimited is gaining popularity but with just tens of millions of songs to choose from, it is far behind from its competitors Spotify and Apple Music who are given more than double the option of songs to choose from.
Though in terms of subscription fees, it is relatively charging lesser as compared to Spotify and Apple Music. From the Amazon Echo users, it is charging just $3.99 monthly, the total annual fee will be $72 lesser than both Spotify and Apple Music subscribers.
Amazon Music Unlimited provides the best lyrics to its listeners. Instead of offering a static page like Slacker Radio, Amazon Music Unlimited has scrolling music similar to that of karaoke that moves in time with the lyrical performance.
Amazon Music Unlimited can be connected well with both the Android and iOS platforms. The Android version is being tested on Google Nexus 6P and founded that it copied the exact Music Unlimited desktop experience.
Excellent: 4.0 out of 5
Review and Ratings of Spotify
Spotify has gained so much popularity because of its great looks, the best music with 320kbps streaming as well.
The monthly subscription is $9.99, but with a bigger family (of up to 6 people) you can take the premium or family pack which cost $14.99 per month. The listeners subscribing to the Premium range of Spotify can use Spotify Connect. With Spotify Connect you can stream music to compatible speakers, home entertainment systems or even in an Uber taxi.
Spotify works on Android, iOS, and windows phone devices as well. But the laptop and desktop users don’t need to be dissatisfied as they can also listen to their favorite beats as Spotify supports OS X and Windows.
Thought you can enjoy the latest music but making the playlists in the web UI is not easy and even you can’t sync songs for offline playback here. Also, it doesn’t support podcasts, which have become a big part of the mobile and desktop apps.
Excellent: 4.5 out of 5
Review of Apple Music
Apple Music surpassed 10 million subscribers in just six months, since inception in June 2015. There were expected 40 million subscribers as of April 2018.
Apple Music gives a free three-month trial which is a reasonable time to judge any service before subscribing to it (though not charged, you still have to give your credit card details). After that, you will be charged $9.99 per month for a single membership and the $14.99 for the family pack (for up to six people using iCloud Family Sharing). The college students can get the monthly subscription for $4.99 for up to 4 years.
The customers need to upgrade their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 8.4 before getting unlimited access to Apple Music. Mac and PC users will need to upgrade to the newest version of iTunes. Apple Music has introduced SIRI, a guide to play a specific song, album or playlist that you have created. The best feature of SIRI is that it can search the music by date, for instance, ask SIRI to play the best song of the day your son was born and it will follow the instructions.
Good: 4 out of 5
Difference between Amazon Music Unlimited and Spotify and Apple Music
Number of Songs
Amazon Music Unlimited provides a lesser collection of songs to choose from as compared to Apple Music and Spotify who have more than 30 million songs on its catalog.
The customers can get personalized radio stations based on artists and the tracts you prefer, in both Amazon Music Unlimited and Spotify. You can ask Alexa to play your favorite song, for instance, you can ask Alexa to play the best party song of 2017. You can also customize your playlist according to your mood in Spotify using Spotify Connect.
Amazon Music Unlimited can be played through the Echo devices, Fire devices, Sonos multi-room systems and in BMWs and Minis. On contrary, you have to use Spotify Connect, a device used to play music by connecting it with speakers, home entertainment systems or even in an Uber taxi.
Can be used offline as well
You can listen to the music offline both in Amazon Music Unlimited and Spotify. It comes as a basic feature in Amazon Music Unlimited, while you can only download songs from Spotify if you sign in with the Premium package.
Which one is better
Every music service provider has its own pros and cons; one may have a feature which other might not have. For instance, Spotify is one of the most popular streaming services in the world with the ability to stream up to 320kbps, far better than that of Apple Music. Apple Music and Amazon Music Unlimited are not compatible with Chromebooks until the listeners’ do some work. On contrary, Spotify is fully compatible with Chromebooks and web products.
In terms of subscribers, it will not be wrong to say that Amazon is in the third position far behind the music-streaming giants Spotify and Apple.
Initially, Spotify is cheaper for its service than Apple Music. You can get free ad-supported listening, which is not available in Apple Music. In terms of charges, Amazon Music Unlimited is relatively cheaper, and if you have Amazon Echo smart speaker devices, you will be charged $3.99 per month. Amazon Music Unlimited and Amazon Echo devices go hand in hand, so if you are comfortable using the Amazon ecosystem then Amazon Music Unlimited is a must for you.
Amazon Prime Services provides a lot of benefits for their subscribers which includes Free Fast Shipping for the eligible products, shopping deals, Streaming of Movies and TV shows etc., Amazon Prime Music is one of the services provided by the Online Retailer Amazon for its Prime members.
Amazon Music unlimited provides more songs and additional ways to control what you are hearing. It includes more than 40 million songs. Amazon Prime Music is available on many devices such as Smartphones, Laptops, Smart TVs, Amazon’s Echo Speaker and much more.
Amazon Prime Music Cost:
- You can get access to millions of songs from Amazon music with a paid subscription. Prime members can instantly access the songs and albums as the part of Prime membership at no additional cost.
- Amazon Prime Members can join Amazon Music Unlimited for $7.99 per month or $79 for an annual subscription. Non-Prime Members must pay $9.99 per month.
How to Use Amazon Prime Music?
- In order to use Amazon Prime Music, you need to download Amazon Prime Music app for your Android phone or iOS or simply use the service online on your PC or Mac.
- Once you have downloaded Amazon Prime Music App, the Prime Music Page will be loaded. It features four categories which are Recommended, Playlists, New to Prime and Popular.
- Here you can find the songs and albums which you can stream or download.
- There is a search tab at the top of the page which you can be used to look up for the track.
- Amazon Provides you with the recommendation list of songs depending on what you have purchased or streamed in the past.
- In the playlists section, songs are grouped according to the genre, artist and the feeling they may inspire.
- To access the main menu, tap on the icon that features three lines at the top of the page. It lists three sections namely Prime music, Your Library and Recent Activity.
- At the top of the Your Library Page, you can choose either Cloud Library or Offline Library options.
- In the Cloud Library, you can find all the tracks and albums that are stored in Amazon Music Library and that are available online. On the other hand, Offline Library will give you the music that you have downloaded which you listen to when you are offline.
- In addition to these, there are many more controls and options that are available in this Music App. If you choose the song and click on the dotted icon on the right side of the name of the song, you can play that song, download it, add to the Library or playlist.
Why Should You Use Amazon Prime Music?
- Amazon Prime Music is one of the best services offered by Amazon.
- There are no ads in Prime Music and the music will keep playing until you stop it. It is quite an amazing feature for situations such as the musical game at the party etc.,
- If you have bought the MP3 or CD on Amazon, then those tracks will appear in your Amazon Prime Music App. So, you can listen to them on your phone from anywhere at any time.
- It also has the facility to import your music into Your Amazon Music Library. The other Music Libraries and subscriptions will be kept separated, hence your personal music won’t be absorbed by the service. It is one of the interesting features of Amazon Prime Music Unlimited.
- All these features make Prime Music to stand out from the crowd, as other organizations like Apple and Google won’t give these features.
- Also, note that your music collection includes about one million songs. Amazon Prime Music provides a restricted range of choice when compared to Apple Music and Google Play Music which provides more than 30 million tracks.
- However, Amazon aims to strengthen its Prime Music service and provide you with the platform where you can store all your music in the same place.
How to Get Discounts?
The monthly price for Amazon Music Unlimited is $9.99 per month, though anyone can get a free 30-day trial. There are a few different discounts that are available.
- Amazon Prime members are eligible for a discount on the Prime music service. Discount is also available for the members who subscribed for a 30-day trial of Prime or student six-month trial. Amazon Prime Members can choose between two forms of discount.
- An Upfront $79/year Subscription: With this Amazon Coupon, you get the music service for full 12 months even if you leave Prime. Amazon confirmed that if you sign up for the Prime Music while you are on a Prime deal and then can cancel prime, you will still get to keep Amazon Music Unlimited for the rest of 12 months.
To avail, this deal, sign into your Amazon account and if you are prime Member, you will be offered the discount. If not, your subscription will start with a free 30-day trial.
- Subscribe for Just $3.99/month with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot: Amazon’s Bluetooth speakers Echo and Echo Dot are eligible for discounted Amazon Music Unlimited at $3.99 per month. However, you can use this discounted plan via a single Echo or Echo Dot and not on any other devices such as your Laptops or Smartphones.
- Family Plan for Six Users at $14.99/month: Amazon is planning to come up with a family plan that will cost about $14.99 per month which will allow up to six users to access the service. This is the same price as offered by Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play Music etc.
|Prime Music||Amazon Music Unlimited||Amazon Music Unlimited Echo||Amazon Music Unlimited Family|
|Track Library||2 million||40 million||40 million||40 million|
|Supported Devices||All||All||Echo/Echo Dot||All|
|Prime Customers Price||Included||$7.99/month||$3.99/month||$14.99/month|
Why Choose Amazon Prime Music Streaming Service?
There are plenty of other Music Streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Google play music and much more. With Spotify, you can get a lot of values as a free user. But if you upgrade to a paid account, you get a handful of advanced functionality. But Amazon’s Prime Music stand out in the following ways.
Amazon Prime Music was launched in the year 2014 to compete with other music streaming services. Though it lacked in some of the cool features possessed by other streaming services, there are several compelling reasons why you should go with Amazon Prime Music.
1. The Subscription is Really Cheap:
You can get the Prime Music through an Amazon Prime Subscription, which is about $99 for the entire year which is equivalent to $8.25 per month. This is insanely cheap when compared to its competitors.
The other Streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music have the same price of $10 per month.
Amazon Prime Music is the cheapest option.
The developers of the Amazon Prime Music app have implemented all of the features that make the services like Spotify, Google Play music as useful as they are.
Prime Music can be accessed through a Mobile Apps for Android and iOS, Web Player. Its design is more straightforward than other Web players which are very practical.
Its user interface is easy to navigate, no matter what you want to do, it is never more than a few clicks which are not possible in most other Web players.
Prime Music’s Desktop player is also really good in terms of usability. It feels more or like a mobile application that was properly adapted for the desktop use. It has an easy navigation and soft dark theme that is pleasant to the eyes.
Amazon Prime Music has a collection of about 1 million songs which you can stream instantly. It is way short of the 30 million songs available on other services like Spotify.
This is not as bad as it seems because Spotify is available in most countries like America, West Europe etc., which means a lot of their songs are foreign to U.S audiences. But Amazon’s Prime Music is mostly aimed at the U.S audiences, hence even though the collection is small, it is more relevant.
4.Better Audio Quality:
Songs are delivered to you at the bit-rates between 48 Kbps and 320 Kbps which is higher than the average standard of 256 Kbps. You can choose between the following four settings:
- Low: Lowest bit-rate uses the least bandwidth.
- Medium: Balanced between bit-rate and bandwidth usage
- High: Highest bit-rate but uses the most bandwidth
- Auto: Changes depending on your network quality.
5.Get More than Music:
With Prime Music, you can get more than music “The only music streaming service with free two-day shipping”.
Prime Music is a fantastic option for the people who consider themselves to be the die-hard fans of the other similar services. If you have the Amazon Prime Subscription you should check out the Prime Music right away and if not, sign up for the free trial. Amazon Prime Music deals include the lower price tag and the extra benefits are the strong reason to subscribe.
Buy Amazon Prime Music Shop Now at Amazon